The Young Democrats of Massachusetts invite you to attend our 2011 Annual Convention on Saturday, April 30, 2011 at 9 a.m. Complimentary breakfast and registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. and the Greater Boston Young Democrats will host a Post-Convention Reception in Harvard Square following the convention.
Join fellow YDMers for informative workshops, professional networking, engaging speakers, and the election of next year’s officers our annual convention! Invited speakers include state elected officials, members of the Congressional delegation, and candidates for the 2012 US Senate seat. Please take a moment to complete your registration online now or save the date by RSVPing on Facebook now!
YDM members will elect a new Board of Directors at our convention. Anyone interested in running for a position should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 14 to appear on the ballot. Anyone who misses the deadline can still run from the floor.
Convention registration includes access to all speaking events and workshops, as well as breakfast and lunch. Please save your spot at the convention today by registering through ActBlue:
- Students (with ID): $10
- YDM Members: $15
- YDM Annual Dues (includes convention registration): $35
- YDM Comprehensive Dues (includes access to ALL YDM events for the year): $125
Registering early will help us keep an accurate headcount and plan the best event possible. The convention is one of YDM’s biggest fundraisers of the year, and your registration not only enables you to attend great programming, it ensures we have the resources we need to help elect the Democrats our members want to support.
We hope to see you there!
- 9:00 am to 9:30 am – Breakfast and Registration
- 9:30 am to 10:00 am – Welcome – Massachusetts Democratic Party Chair John Walsh
- 10:00 am to 11:00 am – Workshops/Breakout Sessions
- Fundraising with Massachusetts Democratic Party Finance Chair Julia Leja
- Campaign Management with Roger Lau, Deputy State Director for Senator Kerry and veteran campaigner
- Union Organizing & Experience with Ray Drewnowski
- 11:00 am to 12:00 pm – Workshops Breakout Sessions
- Issue Advocacy with Megan Amundson, Campaign Manager at Vote No on Question 2 Campaign to Protect the Affordable Housing Law
- Democratic Reforms with State Senator Jamie Eldridge
- Social Media with Josh Gee, Former New Media Director for the Deval Patrick Campaign
- 12:00 pm to 1:00 – Lunch and Organization/Campaign Fair
- 1:00 to 2:00 pm – Keynote Speaker – State Treasurer Steve Grossman
- 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm – Workshops/Speakers
- Running for Office as a Young Democrat with Mike Lake, Former State Auditor Candidate and Executive Director at World Class Cities
- Campaign Employment: How to Get Hired and Succeed as Campaign Staff with Georgia Hollister-Isman, MassAlliance Executive Director
- Social Media with Megan Amundson and Diane Danielson
- 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm – 2012 US Senate Candidates
- Marisa DeFranco
- Alan Khazei
- Bob Massie
- 4:00 pm to 4:30 pm – YDM Annual Report
- 4:30pm to 4:45 pm – YDM Annual Awards
- 4:45 pm to 6:30 pm – YDM Officer and Board Elections
- 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm – Greater Boston Young Democrats Post-Convention Social at Fire & Ice (50 Church St., Harvard Sq.)